Looking to impress your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day? You don’t need to be an expert pastry chef in order to make an amazing dessert that will melt your love’s heart. This no-bake dessert only takes a few minutes to make, so you can get on with the romance and leave the dishes for tomorrow!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
If you love Reese’s peanut butter cups (my personal favorite), then you will love this NO BAKE recipe! Impress your sweetheart, your co-workers, or your friends with the classic peanut butter and chocolate combo.
Yield: 36 bars
• Graham Cracker Crumbs – 1 1/2 cups
• Confectioners’ Sugar – 1 lb (3 to 3 1/2 cups)
• Peanut Butter – 1 1/2 cups
• Melted Butter – 1 cup
• Milk Chocolate Chips – 1 bag (12 ounces)
1. Combine graham crumbs, sugar, and peanut butter and mix well. This works best if the peanut butter is at room temperature so it spreads easily.
2. Blend in melted butter until the mixture is creamy smooth.
3. Spread the mixture evenly into a 9-inch x 13-inch pan (metal or glass is fine). Smaller pans will make for thicker bars, bigger pans will give you thinner squares.
4. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, simply fill a pot with water and float a metal bowl in the water. Pour the chocolate chips into the metal bowl and they will melt as the water heats but won’t burn.
5. Spread your melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture.
6. Chill until just set and cut into bars. If you chill them for too long the chocolate will solidify, making it harder to cut through.
Recipe from Food.com
© Featured Photo by sarahdoow, Getty Images