No Cinco de Mayo celebration could ever hope to be complete without homemade tortilla chips and classic guacamole. Don’t know how to make them? Relax, amigo, we’ve got you covered with these two quick and easy recipes.
Homemade Tortilla Chips
6 Flour Tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 400-degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Brush and salt on both sides of the tortillas.
3. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the tortillas into four equal wedges.
4. Place the tortilla wedges on a cookie sheet so that they do not overlap.
5. Bake for 6-7 minutes, watching closely so that they become golden but do not burn.
2 Haas avocados
2 tablespoons white onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
Juice from 2 lime wedges
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 tomato (optional)
1. Cut the avocadoes, remove the skins and pits, and cut into cubes.
2. In a bowl, use a fork to mash the avocados into a paste.
3. Add in the onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper, continuing to mash.
4. If serving immediately, add the cilantro to the mixture.
5. Add the lime juice and mix. Top with tomatoes and/or cilantro to garnish.
Other Cinco de Mayo Blog Posts