Most of us think of popcorn as a delicious snack food, but we’ve learned that it can also be an excellent dessert. Whether using popcorn as a main ingredient or a topping for a popular dessert such as brownies, there’s something here for everyone! Here’s a roundup of some of our favorite popcorn dessert recipes:
- Caramel Popcorn Brownies These chocolate brownies are drenched in caramel sauce and then topped with caramel popcorn. If you want different flavors, you can make one of the variations, instead. Basically, you can use the same technique but change the flavor of the sauce or the popcorn.
- Popcorn Cake This popcorn cake is certainly a crowd pleaser! It’s made with popcorn, marshmallows, and candy pieces and has a unique texture. The only similarity to traditional cake is the way it’s shaped – but the flavors certainly don’t disappoint.
- Popcorn Chocolate Chip Cookies What could be better than traditional chocolate chip cookies? These cookies take two of our favorite snacks – popcorn and chocolate chip cookies – and mix them together! The end result is a snack that has a subtle hint of popcorn without being too overpowering.
- Popcorn Chocolate Truffles
Did you know that popcorn tastes great as a truffle? This recipe uses a classic chocolate-making technique to mix melted chocolate and popcorn together to create an interesting truffle-like treat. You can use any flavor of popcorn you desire. Follow the recipe as is, or try some of the variations to make truffles that are even more unique!
- Popcorn Donuts
These popcorn donuts are a unique treat. Soft cake donuts are topped with flavored popcorn, which gives the treat a unique texture. You can either make the donuts and popcorn yourself, or follow the recipe using store-bought ingredients.
- Popcorn Ice Cream Sundaes
Did you know that popcorn makes an excellent topping for ice cream sundaes? The best part about this is that the possibilities are nearly endless! You can use any flavor of ice cream and popcorn that you want. Your only limit is your own creativity. You can even top your ice cream with popcorn sauce instead of the classic chocolate or fruit sauces.
- Red Velvet Popcorn
If you love red velvet cake, you’ll love this red velvet popcorn even more. Popcorn is topped with a sweet, red velvet topping that includes red velvet cake crumbs and white chocolate chips. This recipe is also pretty versatile – you can follow it for any flavor of cake that you desire!
- S’mores Popcorn Pops
These S’mores Popcorn Pops offer a delicious spin on the campfire treat. By mixing graham crackers, popcorn, marshmallows, and chocolate pieces, you can mimic the flavor of this classic treat without a campfire! To make the dish even more unique, try using flavored Marshmallow Peeps instead of regular campfire marshmallows.