There’s something magical about warm, gooey chocolate mixed with marshmallow cream and popcorn. This gooey popcorn ball is reminiscent of the s’mores we all enjoyed as kids. Though these marshmallows aren’t roasted over a campfire, the treats are soft and sweet and are sure to be as fun to eat as the original.
You can either make your own marshmallow cream or use store bought. For ease of preparation, this version uses store bought versions. However, if you are feeling ambitious, feel free to substitute your own marshmallow cream.
This recipe has been adapted from Pineapple & Coconut.
S’mores Popcorn Pops
Makes approximately 36 popcorn balls.
2/3 c. popcorn kernels
2 T. oil (coconut or vegetable, omit if using an air popper)
4 T. butter
1 1/2 c. marshmallow cream
1 c. chocolate chips
1 t. sunflower oil
3 sheets graham crackers, crumbled
1. Pop the popcorn using any method you desire. If popping on the stove, you’ll need 2 T. of coconut or vegetable oil.
2. In a large pot melt the butter and marshmallow cream together over medium heat. Stir vigorously until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the popped popcorn and stir gently until well coated. Add more marshmallow cream at this stage if the mixture didn’t coat all the popcorn.
4. Form into balls while warm and place on a sheet of wax paper. Spear the centers with a wooden or bamboo stick.
5. Let set for around four hours, or until it has been cooled completely.
6. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double burner. Drizzle over each of the popcorn balls. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the melted the chocolate.
7. Place on the waxed paper and let stand until chocolate has completely cooled.
8. Transfer to a airtight container and keep chilled until ready to serve. Enjoy!